[Website] Links in the readme should react to hover

website

(Piotrek Koszuliński) #1

What I Wanted to Do

Browse any package package with links in the readme. E.g https://www.npmjs.com/package/@ckeditor/ckeditor5-engine

What Happened Instead

Links are red and do not react to hovering them so they don’t behave like links.

Details

The first thing to do will be adding some hover styles, so I know that something that I hovered with my mouse is a link. This is a basic accessibility and UX.

The second thing, also connected with accessibility, would be making links more distinguishable. Right now they are red and this is the only thing which differentiates them from the surrounding text. If underlining them by default is not an option for you due to aesthetics of such a content, I’d at least recommend using a color which is more typical for links – i.e. blue.

(Jerry Gabra) #2

There should absolutely be hover states for these links. I will let the website team know but these are currently not a priority. They will get it to it when possible. Thanks!

(system) #3

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.