In this course the author will explain you what is NPM and how it is used. You will learn how to initialize new project, how to install new dependencies and explore their child dependencies. We will also discuss what is Semantic Versioning and what Major, Minor and Patch versions mean. You will also understand what is the purpose of the package-lock.json file.
You will understand what is executable script and what is the purpose of the .bin folder in the node_modules folder. He will explain to you what is shebang line and how it is used on the Unix-based system and on Windows. Happy learning!
What will you learn:
- Initialize any project using NPM init
- Install project dependencies
- Understand what is the difference between dependencies and development dependencies
- Explain what is Semantic Versioning and what different kinds of packages versions mean
- Explain the difference between Browser Application and Server Package
- Understand the purpose of the “package-lock” file
- Update project dependencies
- Configure NPM scripts and execute them
- Combine NPM scripts into the one script
- Explain what is executable script and how it is executed on the Mac and on Windows
Bogdan Stashchuk - Full-stack web developer, MBA, PhD
An experienced instructor with a great, practical background, he teaches complex stuff in an easy step-by-step manner. All of his courses include practical exercises that allow you to follow him from the start of any course until the end.