Unsupported platform error

I have a Nuxt build with Vue.js on a Mac; it’s version controlled through visual studio code to Bitbucket. I’m trying to clone that build to Win 10. After cloning to Win 10 and after running npm install, I receive the following errors:

npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@2.0.7 (node_modules@nuxt\builder\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@2.0.7: wanted {“os”:“darwin”,“arch”:“any”} (current: {“os”:“win32”,“arch”:“x64”})
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.9 (node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.9: wanted {“os”:“darwin”,“arch”:“any”} (current: {“os”:“win32”,“arch”:“x64”})

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

S

The output is very LOUD, but it is only a warning that an optional dependency is not supported on your platform. Because it has been explicitly marked as an optional dependency, it is very likely that you can continue without needing to do anything.

Thanks for the quick reply but it does “seem” to break my application. Any suggestions on how I might fix this issue? I might be wrong that this is causing the issue but I can’t write to my Firebase DB anymore when I run an npm run dev command.

(My guess is there is a platform difference or configuration problem which is unrelated to the fsevents warning. I see similar warnings but using different packages, so may be different for you.)

Thanks John, the problem was elsewhere. Working now despite the warnings

1 Like