Trying to install any package ends up in an EPERM error

(Edward Spolik) #1

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that no matter what package I tried to install, the process always ended up in the same error:

npm WARN tarball tarball data for https://registry.npmjs.org/fsevents/-/fsevents-1.2.4.tgz (sha512-z8H8/diyk76B7q5wg+Ud0+CqzcAF3mBBI/bA5ne5zrRUUIvNkJY//D3BqyH571KuAC4Nr7Rw7CjWX4r0y9DvNg==) seems to be corrupted. Trying one more time.
npm WARN tarball tarball data for aproba@^1.0.3 (sha512-Y9J6ZjXtoYh8RnXVCMOU/ttDmk1aBjunq9vO0ta5x85WDQiQfUF9sIPBITdbiiIVcBo03Hi3jMxigBtsddlXRw==) seems to be corrupted. Trying one more time.
npm WARN tarball tarball data for gauge@~2.7.3 (sha1-LANAXHU4w51+s3sxcCLjJfsBi/c=) seems to be corrupted. Trying one more time.
npm WARN tarball tarball data for @angular-devkit/schematics@7.0.6 (sha512-S/3CrBDoh/BD4mBq8RNGQ8sgNFDsveCuFHDkOyct8+NDg2wcRkEGigyq8eZwVN/iVKCwjxc0I/bC336edoNMIQ==) seems to be corrupted. Trying one more time.
npm WARN tarball tarball data for chokidar@2.0.4 (sha512-z9n7yt9rOvIJrMhvDtDictKrkFHeihkNl6uWMmZlmL6tJtX9Cs+87oK+teBx+JIgzvbX3yZHT3eF8vpbDxHJXQ==) seems to be corrupted. Trying one more time.
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@^1.2.2 (node_modules@angular\cli\node_modules\chokidar\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink ‘C:\Users\MOTHER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\npm-9328-58ac4ca4\unpack-45ea667e\node_modules\iconv-lite\lib\extend-node.js’
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: aproba@1.2.0 (node_modules@angular\cli\node_modules\aproba):
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink ‘C:\Users\MotherFuckingStarBoy\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules.staging\aproba-a886e7d0\index.js’
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: gauge@2.7.4 (node_modules@angular\cli\node_modules\gauge):
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink ‘C:\Users\MotherFuckingStarBoy\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules.staging\gauge-8fb5b847\package.json’

npm ERR! path C:\Users\MotherFuckingStarBoy\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules.staging@angular-devkit\schematics-62241f18\tools\file-system-engine-host-base.js
npm ERR! code EPERM
npm ERR! errno -4048
npm ERR! syscall unlink
npm ERR! Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink ‘C:\Users\MotherFuckingStarBoy\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules.staging@angular-devkit\schematics-62241f18\tools\file-system-engine-host-base.js’
npm ERR! { [Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink ‘C:\Users\MotherFuckingStarBoy\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules.staging@angular-devkit\schematics-62241f18\tools\file-system-engine-host-base.js’]
npm ERR! cause:
npm ERR! { Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink ‘C:\Users\MotherFuckingStarBoy\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules.staging@angular-devkit\schematics-62241f18\tools\file-system-engine-host-base.js’
npm ERR! errno: -4048,
npm ERR! code: ‘EPERM’,
npm ERR! syscall: ‘unlink’,
npm ERR! path:
npm ERR! ‘C:\Users\MotherFuckingStarBoy\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\.staging\@angular-devkit\schematics-62241f18\tools\file-system-engine-host-base.js’ },
npm ERR! stack:
npm ERR! ‘Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink ‘C:\Users\MotherFuckingStarBoy\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\.staging\@angular-devkit\schematics-62241f18\tools\file-system-engine-host-base.js’’,
npm ERR! errno: -4048,
npm ERR! code: ‘EPERM’,
npm ERR! syscall: ‘unlink’,
npm ERR! path:
npm ERR! ‘C:\Users\MotherFuckingStarBoy\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\.staging\@angular-devkit\schematics-62241f18\tools\file-system-engine-host-base.js’,
npm ERR! parent: ‘@angular/cli’ }
npm ERR!
npm ERR! The operation was rejected by your operating system.
npm ERR! It’s possible that the file was already in use (by a text editor or antivirus),
npm ERR! or that you lack permissions to access it.
npm ERR!
npm ERR! If you believe this might be a permissions issue, please double-check the
npm ERR! permissions of the file and its containing directories, or try running
npm ERR! the command again as root/Administrator (though this is not recommended).
npm WARN tarball tarball data for normalize-package-data@~1.0.1 || ^2.0.0 (sha512-9jjUFbTPfEy3R/ad/2oNbKtW9Hgovl5O1FvFWKkKblNXoN/Oou6+9+KKohPK13Yc3/TyunyWhJp6gvRNR/PPAw==) seems to be corrupted. Trying one more time.
npm WARN tarball tarball data for typescript@3.1.6 (sha512-tDMYfVtvpb96msS1lDX9MEdHrW4yOuZ4Kdc4Him9oU796XldPYF/t2+uKoX0BBa0hXXwDlqYQbXY5Rzjzc5hBA==) seems to be corrupted. Trying one more time.

At first I thought it had something to do with my user or with the new version of node and npm I installed. I tried with different users, installed and unsintalled node, but nothing worked.
As a last resort, I formatted my pc, but the problem remained the same.

Just in case, I’ve already tried the classic :

• npm cache clean --force
  • deleting all the files and folders inside %APPDATA%\npm-cache
  • deleting the npm temp files in %temp%

I don’t know what else to do, so if you can help me out here, I’d be more than grateful.

P.S. These are the versions of the tools I’m using on my Windows 10 Pro computer:

• Node v10.13.0
  • npm 6.4.1

(system) #2

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.