The npm community forum has been discontinued.
To discuss usage of npm, visit the GitHub Support Community.
Synced local dependencies
Hi. I’m using wml instead of npm link to sync and consolidate dependencies into node_modules because
- Docker can’t use symlinks outside of it’s build context
- React Native (Metro) has symlink issues
There’s a few issues with it. Synced dependencies
- aren’t listed in package.json
- are removed with subsequent use of npm i, etc
Is there any solution to this already? Or could there be something like
that would let synced dependencies be listed in package.json, as well as avoid them being removed?
Beyond that, what if NPM had a sync feature? Something like “sync:/path”, where it synced a local path. Something like
- npm copy (one-off)
- npm sync (watch, maybe with option of passing an interval)