Sorting on npmjs.com doesn't work?

website
triaged

(Joe Pea) #1

What I Wanted to Do

Sort by “maintenance” to see packages most recently maintained.

What Happened Instead

It shows them in seemingly random order:

Reproduction Steps

When searching for packages, click on “Maintenance” in the “Sort Packages” section of the sidebar.

(Kat Marchán) #2

Triage notes: I’m pretty sure this isn’t a bug. The reason you’re seeing that weird behavior is because, on top of the sorting, we treat packages that are exact string matches to the search as the top match, regardless of all the other metrics. You’ll note that if you look at the maintenance metrics for anything below unzip itself, they’re all in proper order.

Sorting by popularity is not working
(Joe Pea) #3

Doesn 't seem to be the case. If you look you’ll see compute-unzip at 3 years, gulp-unzip at 7 months, then decompress-unzip at 2 years.

Am I looking at the right thing? Or expecting the wrong thing? I thought the time since last publish would be in order.

(Kat Marchán) #4

But they all have 100% values for Maintenance, which isn’t about last publish date, but, as described on the npms.io website:

(Joe Pea) #5

Ah,okay. It’d be nice to have “most downloaded” and “most recent publish”. Those would be nice.

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.