The npm community forum has been discontinued.
To discuss usage of npm, visit the GitHub Support Community.
Show package size in a registry
It’s obvious that package developers don’t care about their packages size. This overweight cost money to users and make our apps and front-ends to bloat.
- Web3: 54 Mb, includes 7 duplicated packages, complete web server.
- IPFS: 336 Mb, includes 2 complete bitcoin core implementations (doesn’t use one).
Show several sizes of the package:
- Own: size of the package itself.
- Cumulative: size with dependencies.
- Dev: size with dev dependencies installed.