Registry no longer includes `files` key in package version metadata

(Grant Snodgrass) #1

I noticed that the files key is included in the version metadata for a package if the version was published to the NPM Registry prior to late August, but isn’t included if the version was published afterward, even if the files key is still in package.json. Some examples:

1. eslint-config-prettier - v3.0.1 (published in mid August) includes the files key, but v3.1.0 (published in mid September) doesn’t.
  2. eslint - v5.4.0 (published in mid August) includes the files key, but v5.5.0 (published early September) doesn’t.
  3. babel-loader - v8.0.0 (published in late August) includes the files key, but v8.0.1 (published early September) doesn’t.

Just wanted confirmation that I’m interpreting what I’m seeing correctly, and if so, that this change was intentional. The context is that I’m troubleshooting an issue in someone else’s package that seems to be caused (in a very roundabout way) by the lack of the files key in the registry metadata for its latest version.

Thanks!

(system) #2

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.