npm warnings and invalid packages

(Xyz92) #1

How do I fix npm warnings and invalid packages?

For example: I am getting a bunch of warnings on running npm install as follows:

npm WARN deprecated @types/adal@1.0.27: ‘@types/adal’ is now ‘@types/adal-angular’

npm WARN deprecated [babel-preset-es2015@6.24.1]: :raised_hands: Thanks for using Babel: we recommend using babel-preset-env now: please read babeljs.io/env to update!

npm WARN deprecated [cryptiles@2.0.5]: This version is no longer maintained. Please upgrade to the latest version.

npm WARN deprecated [scmp@0.0.3]: scmp v2 uses improved core crypto comparison since Node v6.6.0

npm WARN deprecated [topo@1.1.0]: This version is no longer maintained. Please upgrade to the latest version.

How do I fix these warnings?

Also, here is the package structure for jest which says invalid. How do I fix that? What does this structure represent?

±- UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY jest@20.0.4 invalid

| `-- jest-cli@20.0.4

| ±- ansi-escapes@1.4.0

(Joshua) #2

For the npm WARN deprecated, that means that the package author has marked it as deprecated, so you should follow the instructions in the message.

For the unmet peer dependency, it means that one of your dependencies has a peer dependency on jest, so you need to install it with npm i jest@20.0.4.

(system) #3

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.