git clone git@github.com:navjobs/validify.git
cd validify
git reset --hard b639342
npm install

Details

Versions:

The fix I made is rebuilt the package-lock.json found on this PR:

(Kat Marchán) #2

This does not have enough detail for it to be actionable and there’s no obvious reason why this happened, besides possibly certain packages that were previously locked down being incompatible with node 10.

As such, I’ve moved this to #support so hopefully others can help you suss it out.

Please file a new bug report if you find a more specific bug with the CLI that might be triggering this and have double-checked it’s not at the user level.

(Chris) #3

Just an update, for people having the same problem.

Here are additional details of the error, this was tested on node 8 mac and linux as well.

node install

node-pre-gyp ERR! Tried to download(404): https://fsevents-binaries.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/v1.1.2/fse-v1.1.2-node-v64-darwin-x64.tar.gz
node-pre-gyp ERR! Pre-built binaries not found for fsevents@1.1.2 and node@10.3.0 (node-v64 ABI) (falling back to source compile with node-gyp)
node-pre-gyp ERR! Tried to download(undefined): https://fsevents-binaries.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/v1.1.2/fse-v1.1.2-node-v64-darwin-x64.tar.gz
node-pre-gyp ERR! Pre-built binaries not found for fsevents@1.1.2 and node@10.3.0 (node-v64 ABI) (falling back to source compile with node-gyp)
xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance
xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance

What actually is happening is it fails to download a prebuilt binary for fsevent and it reverts back to building the binary via node-gyp.

Some related issues:

So two issues here,

1. node-gyp failing to build and the pre-built binary failing to install since
  2. the pre-built binary unavailable for download.

removing package-lock.json and doing a new npm install fixes it. Since it updates the transitive dependencies’ version to new ones which actually has pre-built binaries available to download.

(Kat Marchán) #4

Aha. Yeah, this is definitely not an npm CLI issue. The error is happening in node-gyp itself, and the failure is just particularly uninformative. The node-gyp issue you linked has what I think should be the final answer here.

Specifically, this post compiled all the potential solutions in that thread, so please refer to that. Any future issues with this are best referred back to the node-gyp repo itself.

Cheers!

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.