NPM Global Install Fails

Iā€™m trying to install https://github.com/superflycss/cli globally. However I get this:

ole@mki:~/SuperflyCSS/cli$ npm i -g
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.7 (../../../../../SuperflyCSS/cli/node_modules/fsevents):
npm WARN enoent SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename '/home/ole/.nvm/versions/node/v11.0.0/lib/node_modules/.staging/fsevents-a1705062/node_modules/abbrev' -> '/home/ole/.nvm/versions/node/v11.0.0/lib/node_modules/.staging/abbrev-0e9f4c13'

npm ERR! path /home/ole/.nvm/versions/node/v11.0.0/lib/node_modules/.staging/@superflycss/cli-5549c074/node_modules/@babel/code-frame
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno -2
npm ERR! syscall rename
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename '/home/ole/.nvm/versions/node/v11.0.0/lib/node_modules/.staging/@superflycss/cli-5549c074/node_modules/@babel/code-frame' -> '/home/ole/.nvm/versions/node/v11.0.0/lib/node_modules/.staging/@babel/code-frame-78217d7a'
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent 

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /home/ole/.npm/_logs/2019-02-07T18_15_29_246Z-debug.log
ole@mki:~/SuperflyCSS/cli$ 

It looks like the n install of node did not really perform the upgrade. I did it again with NVM and now it works.

This was solved by upgrading node to v11.9.0.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.