During NPM install in a Jenkins stage it fails with the below error.
NPM ERR! error cb() never called!
I’m using updated node & npm versions.
The issue appears intermittent. However, once it occurs in a day it fails the next 4 to 5 or max builds in the sequence. It fails in both cases, even when a proxy is set in npmrc or when the same is removed.
We tried the below possible suggestions to get rid of the error but no luck.
- Tried updating npm to latest version. Works fine for sometime and fails again with the same error.
- Used a custom image with latest version of node & npm.
- Used an official image as suggested.
- Using a stable proxy and removal of the same.
- Clearing npm cache & building it.
Have attached the log file for reference.
npm-debug.log (410.8 KB)