Meet Fred - npm's new Developer Advocate

devrel

(Frédéric Harper) #1

Hi everyone, I’m Frédéric Harper (you can call me Fred), the new npm Developer Advocate. If that sounds like gibberish to you, think of me as your new social, technical, and approachable friend! As a JavaScript developer and an npm user, I’m excited to join a company where I already feel like home.

My goal is to help you be successful, no matter what ‘success’ means to you. Part of my job is to continue to create awareness around our ecosystem by creating new content but also speaking at conferences and meetups. It also involves supporting you and your projects and using our platform to give you more visibility into what is happening in the JavaScript world. Most importantly, I’m here to be your voice within npm, the company.

In the coming weeks, you’ll hear a lot more from me. In the meantime, feel free to reach out with ideas about what you would like to see on our YouTube channel, on the blog, in the npm Weekly, on Twitter, and even events we should attend. I also created a repo where I’ll share with you how npm will continue to make developer relations part of their dna. I’m always one message away on Twitter, LinkedIn and by email. I’m looking forward to connecting with you!

Fred

(Frédéric Harper) #2