installing packages getting symlink and space errors

(kinghat) #1

i have my coding projects directory stored on a mounted share(smb/cifs) and when i try to install eslint/prettier packages in the top level of that directory i get these errors:

kinghat@kinghat-neon:/media/kinghat/kinghat-server/coding$ npm i -D prettier eslint eslint eslint-config-prettier eslint-plugin-prettier npm WARN deprecated circular-json@0.3.3: CircularJSON is in maintenance only, flatted is its successor. npm WARN rollback Rolling back acorn@6.0.4 failed (this is probably harmless): ENOTEMPTY: directory not empty, rmdir '/media/kinghat/kinghat-server/coding/node_modules/acorn' npm WARN rollback Rolling back espree@5.0.0 failed (this is probably harmless): ENOTEMPTY: directory not empty, rmdir '/media/kinghat/kinghat-server/coding/node_modules/espree' npm WARN rollback Rolling back eslint@5.11.0 failed (this is probably harmless): ENOTEMPTY: directory not empty, rmdir '/media/kinghat/kinghat-server/coding/node_modules/eslint' npm WARN coding@1.0.0 No description npm WARN coding@1.0.0 No repository field.

npm ERR! path ../acorn/bin/acorn npm ERR! code ENOTSUP npm ERR! errno -95 npm ERR! syscall symlink npm ERR! nospc ENOTSUP: operation not supported on socket, symlink '../acorn/bin/acorn' -> '/media/kinghat/kinghat-server/coding/node_modules/.bin/acorn' npm ERR! nospc There appears to be insufficient space on your system to finish. npm ERR! nospc Clear up some disk space and try again.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in: npm ERR! /home/kinghat/.npm/_logs/2018-12-26T18_31_34_610Z-debug.log

i know there is plenty of space where the packages are being installed:

kinghat@kinghat-neon:~$ df -h /media/kinghat/kinghat-server/coding Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on //kinghat-server/share 899G 652G 248G 73% /media/kinghat/kinghat-server

ive seen issues with symlink stuff but im not sure if thats only windows users to linux? or is it any time you are transacting over a samba share? im on ubuntu locally and the share is located on ubuntu server.

i have found that docker has had similar issues but i think they go it sorted out:

ive also tried adding mfsymlinks to my fstab mount as well with no luck, unless im doing it wrong.

if anyone has any idea if there is a way around this or if i just need to move my coding directory locally it would be a big help.

(kinghat) #2

so i decided that i should reboot both machines and try installing the packages again and got this:

kinghat@kinghat-neon:/media/kinghat/kinghat-server/coding$ npm i -D prettier eslint eslint eslint-config-prettier eslint-plugin-prettier
npm WARN deprecated circular-json@0.3.3: CircularJSON is in maintenance only, flatted is its successor.
npm WARN coding@1.0.0 No description
npm WARN coding@1.0.0 No repository field.

• prettier@1.15.3
  • eslint-plugin-prettier@3.0.0
  • eslint@5.11.1
  • eslint@5.11.1
  • eslint-config-prettier@3.3.0
    added 122 packages from 74 contributors and audited 192 packages in 22.302s
    found 0 vulnerabilities

after i added mfsymlinks to my fstab to try to get the symlinks to work i did a sudo mount -a but it didnt seem to fix anything. i guess they both needed a reboot? does that install output look fine with the warnings ?

(Lars Willighagen) #3

The output looks fine now.

(system) #4

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.