**error** Failed to build iOS project. We ran "xcodebuild" command but it exited with error code 65.

Hi,

I am trying to create a new project and getting this error while trying to launch the application.

" error Failed to build iOS project. We ran “xcodebuild” command but it exited with error code 65. To debug build logs further, consider building your app with Xcode.app, by opening employeeDatabase.xcodeproj "

I have node.js installed
I run the below commands.

1. goto the folder
  2. run “react-native init newproject” and wait for installation to get completed.
    Error appeared after this: "info Setting up new React Native app in /Users/mohansagar/nativeCli/EmployeeDatabase/employeeDatabase
    info Adding required dependencies
    npm ERR! cb() never called!

npm ERR! This is an error with npm itself. Please report this error at:
npm ERR! https://npm.community
child_process.js:655
throw err;
^

Error: Command failed: npm install react@16.8.3 --save --save-exact
at checkExecSyncError (child_process.js:616:11)
at execSync (child_process.js:652:15)
at executeCommand (/Users/mohansagar/nativeCli/EmployeeDatabase/employeeDatabase/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/build/tools/PackageManager.js:26:40)
at Object.install (/Users/mohansagar/nativeCli/EmployeeDatabase/employeeDatabase/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/build/tools/PackageManager.js:44:99)
at generateProject (/Users/mohansagar/nativeCli/EmployeeDatabase/employeeDatabase/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/build/commands/init/init.js:112:18)
at Object.init (/Users/mohansagar/nativeCli/EmployeeDatabase/employeeDatabase/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/build/commands/init/init.js:94:3)
at run (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/react-native-cli/index.js:302:7)
at createProject (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/react-native-cli/index.js:249:3)
at init (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/react-native-cli/index.js:200:5)
at Object. (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/react-native-cli/index.js:153:7) {
signal: null,
output: [ null, null, null ],
pid: 3190,
stdout: null,
stderr: null
}
"
3. run “npm start and wait till it completes.”
Error appeared: " error Failed to build iOS project. We ran “xcodebuild” command but it exited with error code 65. To debug build logs further, consider building your app with Xcode.app, by opening employeeDatabase.xcodeproj"

Due to all these errors I am unable to start my project. Can anyone help me in getting started with my react native project.

Thanks.

Can you attach the npm log file?

(I don’t think the errors in step 3 are worth chasing, given you got errors in step 2 which mean important files or setup may be missing.)

Hi John,

I tried repeating the same steps again but surprisingly I am not getting same issues, I got some other issue due to which I am unable to start my app.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open terminal
  2. Goto folder
  3. run “react-native init newproject”
  4. run “cd newproject”
  5. run “react-native run-ios”
    Error is coming upon running this command.
    Error: " error Failed to build iOS project. We ran “xcodebuild” command but it exited with error code 65. To debug build logs further, consider building your app with Xcode.app, by opening newproject.xcodeproj"

I attached the screenshot also.
Please check the issue and help me with the installation sir.

Given you aren’t getting an npm error now, you may not get much help here.I suggest asking somewhere where there are react-native experts and users.

Sir,
I am new to react and react-native. Can you suggest me some forum where I can get help related to this issue.

Thanks
Mohansagar K.

Perhaps StackOverflow according to this page:

(Good luck.)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.