enhance profile page to allow account owner to order his packages at will

(Maximilien Garenne) #1

Hi,

Here is some context:
Every time I go on the package section of my profile, I’m suprised that the packages are sorted by the last update, but starting with the oldest edited.
Since I spend a bit of time on creating and contributing to packages, I always give my npm profile address as a way for recruiters to appreciate the effort I put into opensource, and I know I’m not the only one, since ES has become what it is today.

Fact is that the sorting order is sending the wrong message to them.
They see a lot of packages I’m not working on, and they need to scroll and/or press the “see more” button to check the most recent packages I work on.

This is very unconveniant and it would be great to have more control on the sorting order and/or type

Request :
I suggest to add the possibility to choose the sorting on the packages section :

• what type of sorting ( AZ, date of publication, ‘date of update’)
  • in what order ( ascending or descending )
  • we could keep the actual behavior as default, and add a filter section on the profile settings, in order to let the user decide which sorting way would suits him the best without introducing unexpected behaviors for those who are satisfied with the actual behavior.