[CLOSED] npm version not updating on certain machines after publishing

What I Wanted to Do

Update an NPM library.

I expected the new version of the package to be available on all of my machines.

What Happened Instead

After publishing a new version of the library, both npmjs.org and my machine show the updated version. However, when running NPM view {module} inside a Docker container and on another machine, I do not get the updated version. Instead, I am shown a previous version.

Reproduction Steps

Run npm publish, and then run npm view {library} on another machine to see if the library version has updated.

Details

I think this has to do with the Replication delays issue posted on status.npmjs.org. The site says this issue has been fixed, but it does not seem to be.

Output from the first machine:
āžœ  ~ npm view gridplus-ui-components

gridplus-ui-components@1.1.25 | ISC | deps: 7 | versions: 12
Output from a second machine:
āžœ  uitestingthing git:(master) āœ— npm view gridplus-ui-components

gridplus-ui-components@1.1.20 | ISC | deps: 7 | versions: 7

Platform Info

$ npm --versions
{ npm: '6.8.0',
  ares: '1.14.0',
  cldr: '33.0',
  http_parser: '2.8.0',
  icu: '61.1',
  modules: '64',
  napi: '3',
  nghttp2: '1.29.0',
  node: '10.1.0',
  openssl: '1.1.0h',
  tz: '2018c',
  unicode: '10.0',
  uv: '1.20.2',
  v8: '6.6.346.27-node.6',
  zlib: '1.2.11' }
$ node -p process.platform
darwin

After publishing it may take a while for the changes to propagate everywhere. Do you see the correct version now? Iā€™m seeing 1.1.25 on my machine.

Hey thanks for checking the version number for me. Iā€™m seeing the correct version on two machines, but the incorrect version on a third and in the the cloud where it matters most. Since it has been a full day, I think this issue goes beyond any normal propagation times that might generally be allowed for.

This issue was caused by caching on my end. Iā€™m closing this issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.